Sunday, January 8, 2012

a bit of a rant.

I was on my tumblr about...oh, I don't know...30 seconds ago & was looking for fitness inspiration blogs. Sometimes I need that extra push to get me to go for a run, but what I found was downright depressing. There were girls on there putting up pictures with tags "thinspiration," "need2bthin," etc. & even a few posts about people going on cleanses or going on diets that only allow a person to eat 400 calories a day. 400 CALORIES PER DAY?! Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not completely happy with my body, but I do have goals in life other than being thin & I think it's important to learn to love your body. How happy can a person be by only eating 400 calories a day? What about dinners or drinks with friends? I truly believe that becoming skinny is NOT going to make someone happy, what will make someone happy is learning to love themselves, taking care of their mind & body & surrounding themselves with people they love & who love them in return....& a Giants win today.

1 comment: