Monday, December 12, 2011

beer bread: take 1

I usually spend my Sundays reading, catching up on bad TV or sleeping. This Sunday, however, I worked on my recipe book, which is basically a binder full of recipes I've found on the Internet that I someday want to try out. While putting the book together, however, I realized just how many of the recipes I haven't tried yet & vowed to try one that minute. Being too lazy to go to the grocery store for more butter & lacking several ingredients for other recipes, I came across a recipe for beer bread. No yeast. Half a stick of butter. Perfect.



While I have never made bread before, I have to say that the recipe I used was very simple although I did make some changes to it. I used "Magic Hat: Black Lager" for the beer in the bread and used maple syrup instead of honey. I like how the bread turned out & I think it would be fun to play around with different types of beer to see how the tastes differ. I also made the bread in a cupcake pan instead of a loaf because I don't own a loaf pan. All in all, I'd say my first attempt at bread was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment