Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the hunger games

I thought I'd do my first book review post on one of my favorite books (& series), The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I always recommend this series whenever someone asks me for a book recommendation because I think it has something for everyone. The book itself is about a post-apocolyptic world, Panem, where "the Hunger Games" take place. Every year, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 & 18 are selected from each of the 12 districts to participate in the Hunger Games, which is a fight to the death (literally). The last "tribute" standing is the winner.  Sounds simple enough? Not really. Our heroine, Katniss Everdeen, steps in for her sister, Prim, & from then on it's a whirlwind of experiences & emotions to the arena.
I'll be perfectly honest & admit that I read the first book in 2 days. I found myself reading as fast as I could just so I could see what would happen next & when the first book finished I got in my car & went out to buy the second book in the series. These books are a great read & are especially great for finicky readers. So buy these for a friend, buy them for a family member, or buy them for yourself & may the odds be ever in your favor!



No comments:

Post a Comment